Over the hill...not really...

I started blogging a little over a year ago.  One of the reasons was to give me something to do everyday.  I really felt like my life was on the downslope.  My first son had just been married.  My second son had left for South America for two years.  And my youngest, a sweet daughter, had just started high school.  My days were filled with a workout, grocery shopping, and probably (no not probably) too much TV.  Oh, if you've been following me for the last year, you might remember days when I'd add an extra 20 miles to my ride....just because I had nothing else to do.  Or how about the one where I had to make 15 loaves of Pumpkin bread?  I was just happy to be busy on those days. This early post is a good snippet in to my life a year ago..."Thinking backwards can be good..."

Lately, I don't feel like my life is on the downhill.  What I would give for one of those days last year when my "to do" list was complete by 9:00 am.  But only for a day.  I'm really enjoying my new adventures...new job, new schedule, new grandbaby...it's been a very healthy (albeit exhausting) adventure.

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 50 years old is knowing life isn't over.  Even though my age may indicate a downslope (aka "Over The Hill), I don't feel that way.  One of my goals, or "special works in progress" this year was to try new things.  And I definitely feel like I've done that.  Life is not over because I've turned 50.  I can still try new things.  I am so grateful for that realization.  Don't let anyone tell you that "over the hill" or "over 50" means life is over.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.  I'm proof that you can.






I have a few Outfits of the Day to share.  This first outfit was from late last week and it came together quickly.  I love the black paired with the distressed jeans.  As I mentioned in my last post, I also really like the look of the formal blazer with the casual jeans.  Loft black linen cropped blazer, Merona black/white polka dot shell, Mossimo distressed slim/boyfriend jeans, Michael Kors black sandals/shooties, Banana Republic statement necklace.





Second Outfit of the Day I wore to a women's meeting at church.  My daughter and I went out to dinner before hand, and it was a little stuffy for a Saturday Night dinner, perfect for my church meeting.  Merona black chevron cardigan, Merono blue/black plaid pencil skirt, Banana Republic white blouse w/black trim.  The blouse I picked up a couple months ago on clearance.  The sweater and skirt are both from Target last week.  They had a BOGO 50% off, so the skirt and sweater cost me $38 together.  








Just a day at work.  Anthropologie cardigan, Loft sunwashed t-shirt, Banana Republic navy/cream floral jeans, Banana Republic navy suede kitten heels.  I cuffed the jeans a little for a more casual look.  I love navy and this mustard color. Can you tell I just want Fall to arrive?  I'm ready to change out my wardrobe.  










Maybe I'm just looking for excuses why I haven't posted to my blog in a week.  I have been crazy busy.  Whatever it is...its refreshing.  Invigorating.  Stimulating.  I feel like I'm living.  And I love it. Definitely an sfb.  Try something new...it's painful.  But rewarding...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts