Too much of a good thing...

Even too much of a good thing is bad...

That's what I keep thinking about tonight. 

My cup is empty.  My tank is drained.  I have nothing left to give.  I've posted several times that just going to bed seems to make everything better.  I don't think that's going to cut it tonight.

Let me say what I'm trying to say in another way...

I finally got to the bottom of my ironing last night.  This morning I was busily putting clothes away in my closet when I became frustrated.  I don't have any room left!  I have summer clothes mixed with fall clothes, three different sizes fitting three different stages of middle-age weight fluctuation, skinny jeans, straight leg corduroys, dress pants, boyfriend jeans, jeggings, khackis...you've got the picture.  As I started to sort through my clothes, trying to decide what to give to goodwill, sell, or move to the "off season" closet (aka my son's closet upstairs)...I didn't want to part with any of it.  I love all my clothes! 

And that's how I feel about my life right now...I'm a Mom, a Wife, a Grandmother, an Accountant, a President of a Women's Organization, a Friend, a Visiting Teacher, a Chauffeur, a Bishop's Wife, a Sister, a Daughter, a Designer, a Treasurer, a Stylist, a Cyclist, a Fan (darn it...I missed the Patriots tonight!), a Cheer Mom, a Blogger, a Disciple of Christ, a Therapist, a Runner...this list just goes on and on.  And you know what?  I love it all.  I don't want to give any of up.  That's a problem.  Because just like my clothes that I can't fit in my closet...I'm having trouble working all of my roles in to my life.

I don't have an answer.  The only thing that comes to mind right now for an SFB is this...a huge Saturday commitment just cancelled, and now I'm available to do the Scarecrow Ride...a cycling event that I did last year and LOVED.  I haven't been on my bike in 2 weeks...it's one of the true, most basic pleasures that I experience in my life.  To connect with the outdoors in such an organic manner...I just love.  So for tonight, yes, I'm going to bed soon, and will have to wear about 15 different hats tomorrow.  But Saturday....I will be a cyclist.  And that's going to be a Sweet Fringe Benefit that'll carry me through until then.

Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Loft navy/gray sweater, Mossimo slim boyfriend jeans, Emaack Designs Eagle Eye Jasper necklace, Dansko gray ankle boots.  I love this sweater.  It has a very loose fit, but it's not a long tunic.  The back side of the sweater is gray. The boots are pretty funky looking...but boy are they comfortable. 













Outfit of the Day:  Talbot's Navy wool blazer (this is 6 years old now and I still love it.  It's probably one of the few pieces I've ever paid full price for and it was well worth the money), JCrew Factory blue oxford shell with collar embellishments, Rhinestone pin, Loft brownish green corduroy khacki pants, Vince Camuto black shooties.  I haven't worn this full leg pant in a long time.  They were very comfortable but stretched out quite a bit throughout the day.  I'm hoping some time in the dryer will take care of that.

Yes, I am suffering from too much of a good thing.  But I know there are times ahead when I won't have too much of anything...especially when it comes to my daughter.  And there won't always be fires to put out in other areas.  But seriously, do you ever have just the right amount of a good thing?  Probably not...the grass is always greener...

Nanette

Comments

  1. "Trouble working in all the roles in my life"....me too. Really felt the weight of that this week. And that's that. Don't have anything encouraging or positive to add on to that, haha. It was just a stinky, jam-packed, unbalanced week, lol. Just caught up on your last few posts and love 'em. Every single one. Glad you get to do your Scarecrow Ride!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts