Free money...

Wow.  The title of this post will really get the spammers going!  Ha!

I reached a moment of panic this afternoon.  My fuse was short.  I have a list that keeps getting longer instead of shorter, and time that is getting shorter than longer.  Unfortunately, the Dermatologist's nurse took the brunt of my angst.  After waiting 45 minutes to see the Doctor, I let her know, in not such a polite fashion, that my time was as valuable as the Doctor's time.  Huh.  Not one of my shining moments for sure.

My next stop was the bank to cash a hoard of checks I'd been saving for a couple of months.  An expense reimbursement from work, church, a girlfriend, a rebate and a small investment check.  Small dollar amounts that together add up.  Here's the deal...I like to save up these checks for a time when I need some Free Money.  Free Money?  Ya, that's what I call it.  My bank account has learned to live without the funds...why reimburse it?  I have pretty big plans for the weekend, and I thought this was the perfect time to cash in.  So when the teller told me she couldn't cash one of the checks because it was over a year old...my first thought was, "Man, I didn't realize I had been holding these checks that long."  She gave me back the check that she couldn't cash, and I saw it was from my girlfriend...she had just given it to me a month ago.  She had dated the check 9-14-13.  And right then, I began chuckling.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there losing my mind!  It was exactly the comedic relief I needed to my day. 

I need to learn this lesson over and over again.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is not taking myself, my day, and my to do list too seriously.  I wonder how many opportunities I miss each day to laugh.  To poke fun at my circumstance, mood, or phase of life.  I'm glad I saw it...even if it was at the expense of my girlfriend that had a brain freeze when she was writing a check. 

Outfit of the Day:  Banana Republic black w/brown trim vest, Loft fall floral blouse, Denizen skinning jeans, Madewell green suede booties, Emaack Designs statement necklace.  I wore the vest all day at work today.  It's lightweight yet warm.  I'm thinking I may be sporting more vests this year.

Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Loft black/white channel-type sweater/jacket, Loft burgandy shell, Banana Republic gray w/black side stripe pants, Michael Kors shooties.  I thought these pants were pretty cool...there are a lot of cool details out there on pants this fall.  Leather accents, extra zippers, and you can find them at lower price point stores like JC Penny and Target.  Have some fun.  Update your wardrobe with something new. 

I'm really not giving away Free Money in this post...you've got to find you're own...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts