In my routine...

I am so happy to be home and back in my routine.

My daughter actually asked me why I was in such a rush to get home yesterday.  I just needed to be home.  In my house.  With my stuff.  In my routine.  As I have settled back in to my routine the last 24 hours, I've thought about my mother.  About how much she hates to travel.  How much she misses her house when she is gone.  And that no matter how much she loves being with her children and grandchildren, her need to be "home" always overshadows it all.  Oh no.  I'm becoming more like my Mom everyday.

I'm really going to need to give this some thought and consideration.  I never want to get to the point where my desire to be "home" prohibits me from seeing my children and grandchildren.  But for today, I'm calling my feelings a Sweet Fringe Benefit.  Because I think I understand my Mom a little more tonight than I did yesterday.  Empathy and compassion are good qualities to have.  And my Mom is 90 years old...and she's a pretty amazing woman.  Being like her would be pretty awesome. 

Outfit of the Day:  Loft black/white moto sweater, Loft gray blouse, Mossimo plum skinny jeans from 2 years ago, Emaack Designs Mexican Opal necklace, Tom's Navy suede High Desert Wedges.  I love these little Tom's booties.  The wedge heel makes them very comfortable.  I rolled the hem on the jeans to just the top of the wedges. 

SFB's can be found even in frightening realizations...like the one I had today.  It's just a way of looking at a current situation, shaking it up, turning it upside down, and re-examining it.  There's a benefit to be found...

Nanette

Comments

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts