I love...


For those ONLY following along on the blog, I'm sorry it's been a bit hit and miss here. Some days the posts come together so much quicker directly on Instagram. Join me if you can @sweetfringebenefits.

A friend of mine followed the lead of one of HER friends posting about the little, simple things she loves. I definitely think that fits right in with my #sweetfringebenefits blog. When I went through a similar exercise last month looking at what actions I take that create happiness, it brought me even more happiness. I'm thinking, maybe this will help me feel even more love? I'll let you know! Cassey, dear friend, your post is my #sweetfringebenefit today.

I love so many things, and these are the things I'm grateful for tonight:  I love looking at my husband holding our grandbaby. I love watching watching him play house with our granddaughter. I love watching him treat our daughter as I would hope her future husband would treat her (he went and filled up her car with a tank of gas before she drove to Knoxville yesterday). I love the early morning mist in Tennessee as the sun is coming up in late summer. I love riding down the hill that I've just climbed and listening to a friend hoot and holler all the way down. I loved my sons' weddings, right after the ceremony, and the absolute pure love I felt for my daughters-in-law. I love talking to store clerks, looking in their eyes and making sure they know they are seen. I love Edith Crawley and Mrs. Patmore (and all BBC dramas). I love the smell of dreft especially on my grandbaby. I love when the variance is zero. I love a southern snowstorm. I love pouring rain without thunder and lightening. I love running in a new city. I love decor that means something. I love gospel/church music that lights my heart on fire. And, well, you know this....I love a good outfit. Pants that still fit. Dresses that aren't too short. Jackets that fit in the arms. 

Thank you Cassey for following your friend @p_h_a_n_i_e lead. And just like I thought it'd be a good idea to identity what action brings your happiness, maybe this is a journal prompt.  Set a timer, and give yourself 15 minutes to write just what comes to mind.  Not conjured or cultivated. Just raw.

Pictures is a @loft dress from 2 years ago.  I love a good cheetah print, and I love that its not just for the winter months.  Loft has great dresses, and their sales sometimes feel like they're giving it away.  Never pay full price there!

Signing off to give myself those 30 minutes before bed! That really helps for my friends struggling with sleep!

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts