You Wake Up and Nothings the Same


Hi!

I feel like we are still getting to know each other.  Whether you are a new follower or an old, (not in age), life is different than it was 6 years ago.  My life.  Probably your life as well.  But here we are.  For me, not just a survivor, but a successful traveler of the growing older journey.  And you are too.  How do I know?  Because you're here!  Three cheers for all of us!

I no longer straddle the life of a full-time mom, part-time accountant.  My little side gig that I was so anxious about beginning (care to read that blog post?  click here) has turned in to a full-time job.  I am so grateful, and honestly, it's one of my proudest moments outside of family, that I pushed through the uncomfortable to get it.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of my role as a mother.  My daughter lives at home.  My son lives in town with his wife.  My other son with my grandchildren live out of state, but facetimes often and his wife posts to Insta often, which I am grateful.  

How has your life changed the last few years?  Is your nest newly empty or still full?  Or perhaps restocked when it had been empty?  Have you moved away from family? After my oldest son moved out of state, I spent months fairly distraught wondering why I lived in Tennessee.  No family, immediate or extended.  Summer holidays came and went without family get togethers or bbq's.  My husband and I hiked, biked, travelled and spent a lot of time together on the porch.  I would not have foreseen this past year or even today.  Yet, here we are!


Like weather in Tennessee (and many places), if you don't like it,  wait a day or two.  It'll change.  I was able to get out for a ride in 65 degree weather this week.  And this morning, I went for a walk with gloves, hat, down coat in 25 degrees.  We went from an empty house to a houseful to just the three of us again.  Smh.  (Do you know what that means? I totally used to think it was like a rumble/sigh.  Ha!  "Shaking my head"... like, silly me, that's what it means!) Those days not too long ago when I boohoo'd because I didn't have family near me...well, its over!  So our SFB today is Life Changes (think Thomas Rhett).  "You wake up and nothings the same."  Yup, that's what it feels like.  "And I wouldn't change it for the world."  Well, because you can't!  

Oh ya, and that sweet dog up there?  That's Stevie Nicks.  She's new too. (Ok, she joined us three years ago, but still...she wasn't here when I was blogging before.)


Outfit of the Day:  Gap sweatshirt, Gap High Rise Blackout leggings, and my hat from my walk this morning. This is just what it is somedays.  Working remotely, and feeling under the weather.  And hat head.   The Gap sweatshirt I'm wearing is gone.  I've linked a similar one.  I have this pink one and a black one.  Both I love.  They do pill a bit.  Not sure it it'll last more than one season.  I really really like these leggings for athleisure.  But not for running. They are not sheer...I think that's why they're called Blackout leggings. And they have pockets. (Phone addicted) I ordered a petite so they hit right at my ankle.  I'm 5'3".  Not sure if you wanted a legging review, but there you have it.

I am sensitive to those who have experienced some of life changes you would never order, and still don't want.  Losing parents, children, spouses, jobs, hope...my heart is with so many of you that fall in to that category.  Feel. Grieve. Remember. And have hope for happiness to come.  It will.  It might be different.  But there will be joy again. You are not alone.

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts