AND I get a paycheck...

Day 2 without seeing my little Grandson.  There isn't an emoticon sad enough to depict my feelings.

Good news though...he is home!  Although still on a low flow of oxygen and a heart rate monitor as a precaution, he is doing well.  Look how sweet...

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is my new job.  Wow.  That was a subject 180.  But really, it is.  I'm enjoying my job more each day.  And even better, it distracts me from obsessing  thinking about things that I can't do anything about.  Like my little grandson and how much I miss him.  What am I supposed to do...stay home and boo-hoo all day because I can't be with him?  Nope.  That's just not a productive emotion. You might call it denial...me, I call it a pro-active anti-obsessing distraction. AND I get a paycheck.  Wow.  Now that's a pretty good deal.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft denim jacket (over 5 years old), Ann Taylor chambray shirt, Tommy Hilfiger plaid pencil skirt, Banana Republic navy suede kitten heels, Ann Taylor tortoise shell necklace.  I picked the skirt up at the Tommy Hilfiger Outlet last week.  The plaid is fun. 

Tonight I went to the Petersen for Parkinson's Dinner at the Bridgestone Center in downtown Nashville.  It was a great evening out for an ever greater cause.  Brent Petersen is a friend of ours.  I admire his courage as he fights his battle with Parkinson's disease publicly.  They raise a lot of money for research at Vanderbilt, and assisting others with the disease. 
Tonight's Outfit:  Anthropologie yellow drapey cardigan sweater, JCrew coral peplum knit top, JCrew Factory navy jeggings, Emaack Designs statement necklace, Vince Camuto snakeskin/rose gold sandals.  Kind of a hodge podge but I think it worked.

Thank you to so many who prayed for my son and his little family.  They have felt the support from those prayers...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts