We're on baby watch...

We're on baby watch.  The due date is a week away, but really, my grandson could arrive anytime.  And I'm taken by surprise by the spectrum of my emotions. 

The reality of a new little life joining our family is making me giddy.  Like not baby hungry "can't wait to hold him" giddy.  But just a genuine make-me-smile "more-is-better" realization that this little guy begins the next era of our family. 

All the "what ifs" are swirling through my head...I'm anxious.  I've heard a lot of horror stories over the years...and all the Facebook posts of sick children and dying mothers don't help my "worst-case-scenario" thinking.  My grandson needs to be born and settle all these fears.

I have every confidence in my son being a Father.  Even being a birthing coach.  But it is really hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that he will be standing in a hospital room witnessing the birth of his own son.  How did that happen?  Really.  Like, I was just talking to him about not hanging out in a hot tub with his girlfriend, and now he's seeing all of Christmas.  It's that emotion that just makes you want to shake your head trying to clear the fog that consumed the last 6 years to see he is really a grown man. 

I'm keeping my options and emotions open.  One thing I've learned over my many years as an adult...I know I don't get it.  If I haven't experienced it, then I really don't understand.  And that's the way it is with becoming a grandmother.  I thought I could stay away until he was a month old.  As his birth draws near, I just have this crazy urge to go see him, my son, and my daughter-in-law right away.  That's something I didn't get even 2 months ago.  I'm not afraid to eat my words...and that's tonight's Sweet Fringe Benefit.  I'm okay saying I was wrong or I changed my mind or I feel differently.   

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew blush/yellow striped cardigan, Loft yellow blouse/tunic, Banana Republic Hampton khacki pant, Vince Camuto python sandals, Banana statement necklace. 

Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Talbots navy dotted swiss blouse, JCP teal skinny jean, Emaack Designs multi-strand necklace. 

I'll be sleeping with my phone on the next week...or however long it takes to get this little guy here...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts