My first job...

I tried.  I really tried to focus at work today.  But unfortunately, I was very distracted.  I was busy being a Mom, which is my first job.  My daughter texted me no less than 10 times today.  And no grandbaby yet.  Several texts and phonecalls to the parents-to-be across the country.  I finally threw in the towel and left work early.  I'll get in a little early tomorrow to make up for the lost time and productivity.

I love days that go as expected.  Silly me to expect them to go that way.  But every morning, I wake up with an idea of the day.  And most days I end up with items unchecked and new to-do's added to my list.  But that's called living.  That's real.  Real life reminds me that I'm alive.  Living my dream?  Absolutely.  Perfection is boring.  Without my texts and phonecalls today from my children disrupting my work day I would have forgotten what my first most important job is...and that for sure is a Sweet Fringe Benefit.  My job as a mother will never be over...I am a mother for eternity.  And I will admit, some days are easier when I have a 6 hour block without contact from my children.  But easier isn't always happier.  I know this.  And I am grateful I do.


Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Loft chambray shirt, JCrew ponte knit navy polka dot dress, Banana Republic statement necklace, Sofft black patent leather flat sandals. 

Today's Outfit of the Day:  Marshall's grey loose-fit cardigan, Joe Fresh white v-neck t-shirt, Old Navy black/grey stripe knit pencil skirt, Emaack Designs multi-strand pearl necklace, Vince Camuto black shooties.  Boy my outfits the last two days are pretty dark.  I think I'm ready for Fall.

 I have an outline of tomorrow in my head already.  Why do I torture myself...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts