Live in the moment...

I'm taking some of my own advice tonight. 

It seems like I'm constantly driving my daughter somewhere.  Cheerleading, tumbling, youth night, Target, more cheerleading, school, early morning seminary...it seems never ending.  I get home from work and my time at "home" is broken in to 20 minute intervals inbetween the drop-off and pick-up at various activities.  Eh.  When it starts to overwhelm me, I realize it's not forever. 

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is taking my own advice.  I'm trying to live in the moment.  I do love watching my daughter cheer.  I don't like the drama...but I love being a fly on the wall (or a mom in the stands) watching her interact with her friends and do something she loves.  I don't like all the practices and the constant continual fundraisers.  But it's a package deal.  Live in the moment...

 Outfit of the Day:  Talbots calico print blazer, Old Navy graphic t-shirt, Loft curvy fit skinny jeans, Banana Repulic tan/neon flats, JCrew yellow skinny belt.  JCrew necklace.  This is one of my favorite looks.  A blazer, t-shirt and jeans. 
I totally raided my 15 year old's closet!  The black/white sweater/kimono is from Forever 21.  I bought it for her back in August on tax-free day.  She hasn't worn it yet.  I figured I needed to try it out.  Forever 21 sweater, Joe Fresh white v-neck t-shirt, Mossimo black skinny jeans, Emaack Designs Eagle Eye Jasper/silver necklace.

I'm not going to wish this time away just because I spend a lot of it in the car.  Live in the moment...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts