NOT worthy of reality TV...

I am fascinated by one of the gals  I work with.  Her life could not be more different than mine...but I really enjoy her point of view, honesty and creativity.  She's been a personal assistant to a major country music star, a band member to several successful musicians, a make-up artist, a reality TV star, and has a permit for a concealed handgun. 

I also like her because she compliments me EVERY DAY on what I'm wearing.  Ha!  She usually wears jeans and a t-shirt, or a JCrew blouse.  She's a thin, pretty girl.  She looks good in anything.  She'll say to me, "You always look so nice.  I have nice clothes, but I don't wear them to work."  Goodness.  Before I had a job, people asked if I had a job because I always looked so nice.  Now that I have a job, I'm still getting questioned (and complimented) about why I look so nice.  Ugh.  I can't win.

When she arrived late for work today, everyone's jaws dropped to the floor.  She was a knock-out!  She had on a black leather jacket, black t-shirt, dark denim skinny jeans, and about 6 inch black stiletto pumps.  Her makeup was perfect.  Her hair was all Nashville.  Turns out she is involved in another reality TV show that filmed a segment this morning.  Reality TV is just as I suspected...it's nothing like reality.  It's scripted and planned.  And the "stars" aren't anything like they "really" are, including their wardrobe.

My goodness I couldn't be in a more different stage of life than her.  When she gets home from work, she gets dressed up and heads out for the evening several times a week.  Me?  I get home from work and the day's activities and quickly change in to pajama pants or a robe.  And I'm not even envious.  I love being happy in the stage I'm in, and the life I lead.  And that's definitely a Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 50 years. old. 

Outfit of the Day:  Banana Republic burgandy cardigan, Talbot's gold shimmer t-shirt, Mossimo distressed boyfriend jeans, Madewell green suede ankle boots, Twisted-silver necklace, cheetah print skinny belt.  I totally shopped my closet this morning.  The only thing new today are my boots.  I jumped the gun a little wearing them today...but it was only 75 degrees and the air felt like Fall.  All other pieces are anywhere from 2 to 6 years old.  And I think the outfit ended up looking current and probably more trendy than a 50 year old should wear.  But I'm enjoying these boots anyway.  So here's a closeup of them...I'm still figuring out how to wear them.  I rolled the jeans up just to skim the edges of the boots.  I don't know if that's the official policy of ankle boots, but until I learn otherwise, that's how I'm wearing them. 
I like my tame, boring life that is NOT worthy of a reality TV show...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts