Have you ever been to "Loserville"?

Well, today was an interesting day.

The Positive:  I went on a job interview.  Enjoyed an hour long walk with my dog.  (I'm resting my legs for a Metric Century ride on Saturday.)  I found a dress for a wedding that I'm going to next week.  I fed a 5 week old preemie.  I brought lunch to a family in need.  I was in my pajamas by 6:00 pm.

The Negative:  The job I interviewed for was not a good fit.  I didn't go for a bike ride.  My daughter is at camp for the week.  I had goldfish for dinner.  I'm conflicted about what I want to be when I grow up. Again.  I was in my pajamas by 6:00 pm.

I am really grateful to be able to read the positives of my day today.  I've been living in "Loserville" all afternoon.  Why?  Just because the first job interview I went on in 9 months turned out to be something that I wasn't interested in.  But there is more to my life than that.  I love the opportunities I have for service.  I love being a friend.  I love not making dinner (you've heard that before).  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is not allowing one part of my day define who I am and how I feel.  Unfortunately, it took until 10 PM to see the sfb.  Ugh.  I still have a long way to go.

Outfit of the Day:  Not knowing what the office attire was for my interview, I went with a skirt.  No blazer.  And no mixing of patterns.  Loft navy cotton cardigan, Loft mushroom ruffled shell, JCrew Factory yellow/navy/taupe pencil skirt, JCrew Factory statement necklace, Tom's linen wedges.

I am glad I left "Loserville".  I wouldn't recommend it...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts