Safety in numbers...

I love being a friend.  I love having friends. 

My mother is a wonderful woman.  She has many strengths.  Throughout her life, she was a friend to all who needed one.  But she didn't teach me how to have friends.  My mother needed to be needed.  She needed her children.  She needed her grandchildren.  Now, her best friend is my father.  I thank my Father in Heaven every night that they are still on this earth together. 

But I do need friends.  And I have a lot.  I just feel so blessed by every single one of them.  I love this plaque that one of my girlfriends gave me a few years back.  When my home is filled with friends, I'm happy.  I've blogged about friends of all ages (click here).  Tonight it's all about my peers.


Today my Sweet Fringe Benefit is friends that are a little (just a little) older than me.  The last couple of days I've had several conversations with folks that have already walked through the door of 50.  There's just a "safety in numbers" feeling.  Other folks are 50, and are doing just fine.  I've enjoyed their advice, their own experiences, their reassurance.  You may think I'm sounding crazy.  Remember, I started this blogging journey right after I turned 49.  I had no idea what 50 would look or feel like.  And now that my birthday is a month away, it's beginning to come in to view.  And I like it.

One of my friends sent me this quote:

"Beauty comes from living an interesting life, not trying to freeze time."   Reinforcement for the "right here right now" mantra I write about. 

Another friend told me that 50 was his best year...although get this...he said he was never 49!  He said 49 is an age that people say they are when they're in their mid-50's.  So he decided that as soon as he turned 49, he started saying he was 50.  Ha!!!!

I would not have survived 50 years ago when no one talked about menopause or getting older.  For me, talking and strategizing, memorializing and reflecting, is walking me in to the next decade. 

Outfit of the Day:  Talbot's calico print blazer, Mossimo bright coral v-neck t-shirt, Loft curvy white skinny jeans, Sofft cork sandals, Emaack Designs statement necklace.  This blazer is very lightweight.  Talbot's has a great sale going on right now.  If you buy 3 items, you can take 40% off all of them!  But this is only the beginning of their summer sale.  I'm sure the prices will go down further in the next couple of weeks. 

Don't hide behind a fake age, or boo-hoo about "being old".  Talk about it.  Kick the door wide open...

Nanette

Comments

  1. Hello!!

    I'm Antonio from ITALIA.

    I'm a LIFE COACH and an HERBALIFE Italian LEADER

    You are so sweety and beautiful

    I would love to wath you wearing PLAID / TARTAN / GINGHAM shirts for me

    VIDEOS hd, photos are welcome <3

    So COULD YOU TAKE SOME PHOTOS FOR ME WEARING AS MANY PLAID SHIRTS POSSIBLE?

    I have a private collection of WOMEN and people in PLAID SHIRTS on this website www.FLICKR.COM I also leave you the link if you want to browse..ok?

    Will be fine also photos with friends,family, etc.
    The importance it's wearing PLAIDS.. ok?

    DO YOU LIKE PLAID AND GINGHAM SHIRTS?

    Do you know HERBALIFE company?

    COULD YOU BE ALSO INTERESTED ABOUT HERBALIFE PRODUCTS??

    I WOULD LOVE YOU join MY HERBALIFE TEAM to make you get your FINANCIAL FREEDOM

    HERE I will BE FOR HELPING YOU

    Thank you very very much

    I hope to receive your photos soon

    that's my mail

    antonio.drum@email.it

    www.antoniopreziuso.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts