The love I feel during the ache...

It's been a bit of an emotional day.  I haven't been crying.  I've just had a pit in my stomach. 

I've been doing so great emotionally with my son being gone on his 2 year mission for our church to Brazil.  He's actually been gone 11 months now.  His absence was the subject of several blog posts last fall and winter.  But for the last several months, I've been "good."  I've been so proud of him.  I've been amazed every week as I read the inspirational email he sends home.  I've actually enjoyed the "parenting vacation" not needing to counsel, worry or stress.

Tonight, one of my very dear friend's son is returning from his 2 year Mormon mission.  And I'm so happy for her family.  So why does it make me sad for mine?

Sometimes daily Sweet Fringe Benefits are easy to recognize, and other times it's just a conversation between me and my computer trying to convince my head of the sfb.  And that's what I'm going through today.  I've felt plenty of sfb's of being old enough to have adult children.  You've heard plenty of them...but tonight, it isn't making the ache go away that I have another year before I will be tracking my own son's flight home, heading to the airport with signs, and planning a family vacation.  And so, I will bear the ache, troll social media enjoying all my girlfriend's photos of her reunited family.  Sometimes the sfb is the love I feel during the ache.  And that's my Sweet Fringe Benefit today. 

Outfit of the Day:  Merona gray/white striped seersucker blazer, Ann Taylor mint ruffle shell, Loft curvy khacki skinny jeans, Tom's gray/silver aztec espadrills, Emaack Designs statement necklace. 

I'll be ok....

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts