I'm not a model...

I saw this post on facebook today...

I "liked" the Talbot's Facebook page a while back because they gave me an extra coupon.  Most of their posts I just scroll over.  But this one caught my eye and I had to take a closer look.  Make sure you read the caption.  I love that a company knows it's customers.  We are real women.  Some with curves, some with short heights, some with super long legs, some with no waists and skinny legs, some with tiny waists and thick thighs.  A picture says a 1000 words...and this picture makes me want to shop there. 

We are all real women...and the majority of us don't look like models.  Heck...we don't even look like plus-sized models because our proportions are not perfect.  But it doesn't mean that we need to throw in the towel and wear yoga pants and t-shirts everyday.  Or jeans and a hoodie.  Or workout clothes post workout.  I love the reinforcement of today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 years old.  I'm not saying I don't need to exercise or eat a healthy diet.  But I'm not a model.  And I don't expect to look like one.  And I'm pretty comfortable with that. 

I post my Outfit of the Day to force myself to get cleaned up, showered and dressed every day.  With daily morning workouts, I used to be tempted to run all my errands in running tights.   So now, I take an overly-flattering, downward-shooting selfie of my outfit once I'm dressed for the day.  I like mixing patterns and colors.  I enjoy shopping at lots of different stores, and mixing pieces from multiple sources. 

Over the 9 months I've been blogging, several folks have commented to me that they love my style, but get frustrated finding sizes that are larger than a 12 or 14.  Talbots goes up to at size 24W, Banana Republic sells up to a 16, with both petites and long's available.  More size variety is usually available online than in the stores.  Don't give up.  You don't have to be a fashionista, or a shopaholic to look put together and fashionable each day.  It just requires a little effort.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft dark taupe cardigan, Loft mushroom tshirt, Ann Taylor navy/cream floral pants, Emaack Designs Coral necklace and bracelets.  Navy again...It's so easy to wear.  Pair it with neutrals or neons or pastels.  Everything works.

And if you can't find great pieces on your own, find a friend that likes to shop and ask for help.  I'm a fashion consultant to several...via texts, emails and in person...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts