The worst that can happen is they say no...

I didn't get out of bed until 8 am.  My alarm went off at 5:40 am.  I was going to go for a ride with a friend.  Then she backed out because of an injury.  Then I backed out because my bed felt too good.

When I miss a planned morning workout, I get pretty crabby.  Those extra minutes (or hours in today's case) lose their advantage within minutes of getting out of bed.  Today was no exception. 

Tonight, I'm kind of proud of myself.  Feeling like a loser for sleeping in, I texted a neighbor that I occasionally ride with and asked if she knew of a ride this evening that I could join.  Riding solo is generally not a good idea.  I try to ride with buddies, or at least have someone "on call" just in case I have to make that "call of shame" (remember that post?  click here)

I love the culture of road biking.  I joined a group of riders tonight that I had never met (other than my neighbor).  And along the ride, we met three other riders that joined us.  By the end of the ride, three perfect strangers-now riding buddies were exchanging email information with the ride leader.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is having enough confidence to join a group that I knew would be faster than me, but being desperate enough for a ride...I went anyway.  

Don't wait to be invited if you see something that interests you.  Don't do girl drama like I see with my teenage daughter.  If there are gals that run, and you'd like to run with them?  Ask if you can tag along.  The worst that can happen is they say no.

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory blue/white gingham shirt, JCrew Factory statement necklace, Merona navy eyelet pants, yellow skinny belt, Vince Camuto python print sandals.  I had to show you a separate picture of the shows.  Once again, they're my favorite part of the outfit.

Going to bed relieved that I salvaged my workout for the day...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts