Snow, Ice and a Pandemic...

I've been trying not to mention the C word. Or the P word. But being homebound this week from the I word and the S word; well, it's hard not to draw comparisons. The weather in Tennessee for the last week has kept me at home all week.  I have not been able to run or ride.  My smart trainer (which turns my road bike in to a Peloton-like trainer) is broken. My flight to warmth and sun was cancelled.  I haven't had a sonic or chik-fil-a Diet Coke in a week. But my home has been heated and power has surged without incident.  I really don't have a complaint other than "first-world problems".  Nevertheless, when routines and what makes you "you" gets disrupted, you start to wonder who you are in the first place.  Sound dramatic?  After the year we've been through, I don't think so.


In this week's Time to Make the Bed IGTV, I discussed a bit of this.  This past week during Ice and Snow storms, and this past year during the pandemic, much of our routines have been disrupted.  We think we've changed forever.  I have crazy thoughts that I'll never stop eating candy and never run again.  And then the sun comes out.  The snow melts.  The paths clear.  And I will run again.  And I'll eat green vegetables again.  And I will see friends again. 

Definitely, a sfb of life experience is "been there, done that."  We might not have lived through a Pandemic, but we've certainly lived through an ice storm.  Life does return to normal.  And I'm feeling that tonight.  So if you've lost hope, or made changes that you thought you'd never make, or lost friendships, or acquired some not-so-good-for-you habits, its ok.  Give yourself, and others, grace.  Allow yourself and others to struggle, to be challenged, to not be so "who they always were", because we are going to get through this.  Whether it's this week, or this year. I guess I would just propose that nothing is permanent, especially during an Ice Storm or a Pandemic.

So when you watch my IGTV, maybe this will help clarify some of what I was jabbering about.  We can keep what we've changed through this time at home, or we can go back to what it was prior.  And you don't need to decide right now. I think we are all trying to decide what it looks like on the other side. Let's just be kind to ourselves and to others as we work through it.  And metaphorically, if you've cut bangs, and you don't like them, they'll grow out!

OOTD: Do you like the matching jogger sets out there?  I just bought this at JCrew.  I'm loving the set.

Kindness, grace, patience.  Applies to both Snow, Ice, and a Pandemic...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts