Trying Whatever You Want

Today, I recorded and posted another IGTV of me making my bed.  Let's just talk about it for a minute.  Ok, lets make it today's blog post.  Because if we're girlfriends out to lunch, I could articulate myself enough for you to understand what I'm getting at.  Because we'd be talking for an hour and we'd eventually come to a complete thought by the end of lunch.  But in 4 minutes on IGTV...I sort of sound like a brain fogged, 56 year old that has a hard time completing her sentences.

  • I like the idea of chatting over making my bed...because you are going to know when I'm getting close to being done.  Not that you can't just close the video and stop watching before I'm finished, but....if you want to watch/hear what I have to say, you'll know when its almost done.
  • Maybe I'm crazy, but I kind of think chatting to you while I'm doing something feels more natural?  Or not, because videoing yourself making your bed isn't that natural.  I'm just Nanette.  Nanette likes to chat, and she figures things out when she chats. (Great, now I'm referring to myself in 3rd person.) Maybe you'll figure something out about yourself too as I'm making my bed.
  • If I'm going to do this blog thing, I want it to be real.  And I want to be relatable.  Making your bed is as relatable as it gets.  Unless you are me, before November, when I decided I was going to be the kind of person that makes her bed everyday.  I just had fallen out of the habit.  And it seems like SUCH a monumental task to make the bed that has SO MANY PILLOWS.  Well, it isn't.  It takes 2 1/2 minutes if you're not stopping to talk to your IGTV friends.

Today's SFB is doing whatever you want.  Trying whatever you want.  Last week, I thought that might be kind of cool to chat about why I'm making my bed again.  And so I did.  And I posted it.  You can do that too.  Do whatever you want.  Try whatever you want.  (Unless, of course, it infringes on someone else "doing whatever they want" or is hurtful.  Then, you still can, but there are consequences.  I don't think taking a picture or posting a video of making my bed is hurtful, even to my pride.  Sounds like a Sweet Fringe Benefit of 56 to me.

I ran over to my favorite garden center at lunch to pick up a few supplies for a project this weekend.  We turned it in to a fun photoshoot.  Plenty of light and warmth on this dreary winter day. 


Outfit of the Day:  Target blouse, Anthropologie Pilcro Floral Jeans, Halogen Burgundy ankle boots and Ann Taylor coat.  A couple things:  I LOVE these pants.  I bought them last September when my Fall weather itch was strong.  They have a great stretch to them, high-waisted with a fun retro flare.  The coat I just picked up a few weeks ago on a 70% off-sale-price event..  It was $39.  I love shopping end-of-season sales.  Usually there's plenty of season left, and then you have pretty new pieces next winter.  

Thanks for reading.  Thanks for tolerating.  Thanks for relating.  Thanks for listening.

Nanette





Comments

Popular Posts