In na mornin'...

I hate my Outfit of the Day.

Ok, first let me explain how this came together.  I sit and freeze in my office.  The good thing is, I rarely have a hot flash while I'm there.  The bad thing is, it's so cold that I sometimes walk over to the printer to warm my hands when its printing.  The beige cardigan I bought on the clearance rack at Banana Republic for about $15.  I really like it, it's 3/4 lenth loose fitting sleeves, hidden snaps; it just has a nice style to it, different than my other cardigans.  I thought, gosh, I think I'll try a scarf at work, that ought to keep me warmer.  Ok, so here's where I went wrong.

The pants are a Loft curvy fit navy and white seersucker.  The blouse is JCrew factory coral sleeveless shell.  The pants and blouse go together.  The scarf and sweater go together.  But boy, did I go wrong with putting 2 and 2 together.

I'm usually pretty pleased with my outfit creations. (I wish I could do the nod nod wink wink here, but it's true.)  I love getting dressed.  I mix color and textures and patterns. But I went too far today.  And I'm not afraid to share my failure. The sweater and scarf were just too heavy for the seersucker pants.

It's just clothing...let's put this in perspective.  But I sort of felt like dashing home about halfway through my day when I realized how awful it was.

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is "in the morning, I'm gonna get dressed again"!  I'm chuckling...and I guess I need to explain further.


This is a picture of my cute boy Harrison, my second son.  He was about 2 years old in this picture. And he LOVED cereal.  When my boys were little, I was a bit of a traditionalist with meals...you have cereal for breakfast, not a snack, or for dinner.  When I'd put him to bed each night, he'd say to me "In na mornin', we gonna have bek-fast!"  Oh, I can just see his sweet little smile, as he went to bed thinking of his mini-wheats or raisin bran or cheerios.  (Diapers were a little rough with all that fiber though...sorry Mary Ann!)

And so, you now understand my SFB.  In the morning, I'm gonna get dressed again...

Nanette

Comments

  1. I remember pulling out the sugar to put on Cheerios and you almost killing me--no added sugar with two little energetic boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts