Pink vespa and a zebra duffle....

While out for a walk early this morning, a pink vespa scooter caught my eye coming down the road. When it passed me, I sort of scratched my head for a minute.  It wasn't a young high school girl or a college-aged hipster riding on it.  It was a middle-aged man at the helm.  How did I know?  Well, let's just say he had that look.  I know...you can't judge a book by it's cover.  But all morning I kept returning to the middle-aged man on the pink vespa...and asking why?

Then later this morning, a usually sophisticated business traveller that I know quite well (nod nod wink wink) was leaving on an overnight roadtrip for work.  This businessman has several "Tumi" bags, and yet apparently, a small duffle bag eludes his collection.  He was scene carrying a zebra print duffle bag (with bows) to his car.  And again, I think of the middle-aged man on the vespa.

I might be reaching, but I think I understand these two men and their motivations.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 50 years old is realizing "sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do."  And it's a pretty endearing quality of middle-age.  The impressions have already been made.  No need to be someone you're not.  And if you happen to carry a zebra print duffle bag (that was your daughter's travel cheer bag) just for one night, it's okay.  

Outfit of the Day:  CAbi pale blue jacket and t-shirt, Ann Taylor modern fit white jeans, Emaack Designs multi-strand necklace, Born lime green wedges.

I'm making a lot of assumptions tonight that these men handled their challenges this morning with ease...hats off to them!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts