Joy that outweighs the nasty...

I've overcome my psychosis about Open House.  Boy, last night was rough.  I just love a good night's sleep.

Tonight I have a different stress...I've agreed to go on a ride with my husband's riding buddies.
Yikes.  They're fast.  And they don't stop for a snack.  What was I thinking...I hope I survive.

Cycling can be a very social sport.  My love for the sport has taken me by surprise.  I hated cyclists for years ever since one spit on my car 25 years back when I was living in Massachusetts. Ok, so maybe I didn't give him the alotted 3 foot clearance...but did he really have to spit on my car? He was the one riding in the road during rush hour.  My husband said I deserved it.  Oh well.  It has made me a more respectful rider.

I will ride by myself, as long as it's during a time when I know I'll see other cyclists along the way. But I don't do it very often.  I'd rather ride with friends.  I just love the comraderie of riding with others.  I've actually learned to enjoy riding with strangers...who quickly become friends.  If these pictures don't make you want to get a bike, helmet, and clips, then I haven't conveyed my thoughts well enough.

Sometimes we see famous cars...the General Lee (Dukes of Hazard)
and Barney Fife's car from Andy Griffiths...or at least look-a-like.
I get really excited when I reach the top of a major hill!

Early morning ride just with my husband.  Don't you love his Celtics cycling jersey?

The 70 mile birthday ride for the 72 year old in the picture.  See if you can
pick out the birthday boy.

My BFF, her husband, my husband and I riding
a few weekends ago.

My two girlfriends that I ride the most with...I just love them!
And, sometimes we even meet famous TV personalities, like Mike Wolf from American Pickers.  I wrote a blog post about that one, click here if you want to read it!



Looking at these pictures makes me happy.  The joy a good long ride gives me far outweighs the pain of a climb, and the slight humiliation I'll feel tomorrow bringing up the rear with all the boys.  And that's my Sweet Fringe Benefit today...joy that outweighs any nasty that comes with this new hobby of mine.  

Outfit of the Day:  Talbots green white print blouse, Talbots white denim skirt, Tom's black/grey aztec print wedges, Banana Republic statement necklace.  Now I'm not a real traditionalist when it comes to white jeans and white skirts...I'm going to wear them after labor day.  Especially when it's still going to be in the 90's.  Just sayin'...no hatin' on the white after labor day.

I'm thinking those fine, upstanding riders that spat a lovely gift on my car so many years ago would be proud of my conversion...it's never too late for find a new love...I'm glad I did...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts