I understand...

That's about all I can say.  I understand.  I understand why "housecoats" were so popular.  Mrs. Kravitz (Bewitched?  Hello?)  had a good thing going...the housecoat that you could go free willy (almost) and not worry about showing much.  I wish I had one.  By the time 7 pm hits...I just want to take everything off.

I understand about the desire to stay in lycra all day long.  Expanding waistbands and jog bras that hold in the back rolls...I understand.

I understand more about psychosis...about life events that seem to shake your very foundation when paired with hormones.  I understand.

I understand boredom and apathy are good friends.  It's easy to get tired of the same old routines and begin not to care...whether its exercise, beauty, fashion, home decor or hobbies.  I understand.

I've mentioned many times that I'm not giving in.  I'm not throwing in the towel.  But I also know that I can't expect perfection.  I'm still going to have psychotic hormonal moments.  Once in a while, I may stay in workout clothes all day...even if I didn't workout.  I might push my hair coloring appointment out a couple extra weeks just because I'm sick of being a slave to it.  And I might get just one housecoat.  But overall, I feel better just understanding these middle-aged "nasties".  And understanding is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.

I received my first "Birchbox" today in the mail.  My sister gave me a one year subscription to The Monthly Box of personalized beauty, grooming and lifestyle samples.  This is so fun.  I used the Brightening Facial Scrub by Acure tonight.  It has Argan Stem Cell and Chlorella Growth Factor.  Hahahahahahahaha!  I have no idea what that is.  It looked like a combination of black sand and that first baby poop that comes out.  But it feels great...and I feel that this monthly box just may be a Sweet Fringe Benefit itself!!!!  Also, I tried that purple lip stick "Laqa & Co. Lip Lube".  This is something I would NEVER just try at a store.  But it's fun, and I'm going to wear it tomorrow.  I think this is an example of how something little can just change your outlook.  I know...it's only makeup.  But it sort of makes you feel like you've broken the boredom and apathy curse.

Outfit of the Day:  Banana Republic Factory grey/white geometric print pants, Loft green blouse, JCrew Factory blue cardigan, Emaack Designs amazonite triple strand necklace, Tom's black/white wedges.

I understand.  And I'm grateful for my girlfriends and sister that understands me...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts