Dirty Hair don't Care


This is me at the end of a trip.  Dirty hair, top knot, no makeup. Big difference from when I'm heading out of town.

.

We made a quick visit to see our son’s family (the grandkids 😉) this weekend. Gymnastics, baseball games, snuggling the baby and playing in the backyard were all on the docket. So was riding our bikes to Chikfila for breakfast, but the dining rooms aren’t open yet in Texas. Darn. Maybe next time. 

.

It was quick. It was planned to be quick. I have a daughter and dogs at home. A bike, a bed, flower pots and my routine that all need my attention. 🤷‍♀️

.

But shoot. I fought back the tears and the lump in my throat as I said goodbye. Again. 

.

I am grateful to be pulled in so many different directions. To have so much love in my life. To have so many people and things/activities that tug at my heart. All those heartstrings are my #sweetfringebenefit today. Not the tears. Not the lump in my throat. But all the good I have in my life that creates this pull during these achy goodbyes. 

.

Feel free to use the #sweetfringebenefits hashtag if it ever feels right in your posts. Wouldn’t it be fun, as a community, to be able to click on the hashtag and see how very many #sweetfringebenefits there are to find in those sometimes nasty, uncomfortable seasons or ages of life. Thanks friends! 

.

#OOTD is Athleta! I love this brand. Linen Cabo joggers, lightweight bomber jacket perfect to keep your arms covered in air-conditioning, and a new black Renew ribbed v-neck.  Athleta is not cheap. But I'm on year three of the bomber jacket, year 2 of the joggers, and the t-shirt is new. 

Comments

Popular Posts