White Jeans for the Win


So when do you start wearing your white jeans?  No judgement.  Just curious.  I mean, I'm sure no one waits until Memorial Day.  For me? I pull the white jeans out for Spring break, usually mid-March, and after that they are fair game. Maybe Easter is your gage. Hey, it's April.  Even if it's still chilly where you are, there's so many cute ways to style white jeans. Pull 'em out!

I posted an Instagram fashion reel with 4 different white jeans options.  Ok, I lied.  One is actually a linen jogger.  But to me, these are the 4 white pants bottoms I'll be wearing this spring and summer. 


1.  J.Crew Demi-Boot These are soft and have a good amount of stretch to them, as long as they haven't changed them from last year when I bought mine.  Amazingly, they still fit.  Thanks for that stretch JCrew. They have a slight flare at the bottom.  Another word to describe the style is a "kick-crop".  Mine are full length, as I'm only 5'3".


2. Ann Taylor Slim Crop Jean I am linking the closest thing I could find to these jeans in the reel.  I bought them a couple of years ago and still love them.  They are like a straight leg jean.  Definitely not a skinny jean.  They are stiffer, but I'm not sure what the current jean online is.  My apologies, but this is a silhouette that's moving away from skinny, but still "slim".


3.  Banana Republic Wide Leg Cropped Jean I was skeptical, but I love these!  I ordered a petite which makes them fit beautifully both in the length and the "high-waist" (just a little above natural waist, not extreme).  The denim is soft, not stiff and has a good stretch as well.


4. Athleta Cabo Linen Jogger I bought mine last year, and ended up with 3 pair in different colors!  I'm so thrilled they came back again this year.  I mean, do I need another color? I ordered a petite, which makes the length perfect.  As you could see in the reel, the waist is wide, but hits at your natural waist.  Very comfortable.  And even though there isn't spandex, they do stretch out throughout the day.  A great lighter option to jeans once the heat really kicks in.

And don't be afraid of white.  Don't be afraid of sizing up to get the right fit.  And don't feel like you have to buy a new pair of jeans to be in fashion.  If last year's don't fit, don't beat yourself up.  Get a new pair.  If they do fit, and you hate the skinny style? Get a new pair.  But if you love them, and they fit, it doesn't matter how old they are. That's my sweet fringe benefit for the win.  I'm wearing 3 of my last year's white bottoms.  One new pair.  I like it.

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts