Slow Down

Hi!

Phew.  Made it another day.  I made great progress on my reports distribution and reconciliations today. And its only Tuesday! I'm actually going in to my office tomorrow. I hope someone else will be there. I do miss seeing people. Last year in May or so, after we'd all been home for what we thought then had been an eternity, I saw this quote:

"I'm beginning to miss people I don't even like."

Not that there's anyone I don't like. But, you know.

So today I remembered a tip I heard to help when you're feeling anxious or stressed.  Whatever the word is that you use.

Slow all your movement down. I realized I was typing too fast, rushing around anywhere I walked, just moving too swiftly to go along with the speed my nerves were at.  I slowed down.  I deliberately kept telling myself to work slower.  Move slower. Think slower. More deliberate. And it worked. My heart rate slowed, my nerves settled down. Moving, thinking, working slow is my #sweetfringebenefit today. I'm grateful for wherever I heard that tip. Try it! It works!

#OOTD: This is from the fashion reel I did a week ago with different ways to wear the popular accordion pleated skirt.  This one is from #nordstromrack by #maxstudio from last year.  I'll link some cute ones from Target for you. I did a little pattern mixing with a striped t-shirt, and then a cropped hoodie from JCrew earlier this year. Cute sneakers and its a fun updated casual outfit.

Hey, thanks for listening. Thanks for the being my cheerleader! Hope I can be that for you too!

Nanette

PS  For those following only on the blog, I'm sorry I went dark for the last week.  I continued to post directly to Instagram. When I'm out of town, I don't want to bring my personal computer in addition to my work computer! 



Comments

Popular Posts