Moms Fix Things


Oh my word.  I don't get panic attacks. Or at least I don't think so. I might have had one when I had Covid. Anyway, back to the post.

If I did get panic attacks, I would've had one tonight.  My daughter reposted a picture on her insta-story.  Really, I think she meant it in the most complimentary way. But its been something I've been working on in therapy. And, well, seriously, it just reinforced all my internal beliefs from my childhood that I've been trying to change!

Moms fix things. 

My mother did. She could fix everything. Anything that broke could be glued, sewn, patched, unpicked or redone. She spent hours on the phone...within 10 feet of the base of the phone, because...yea, no cordless phones. And as she was on the phone, she solved the worlds' problems. Or at least, that's what I believed as a little girl. That belief carried in to my own motherhood experience. The belief that moms fix EVERYTHING. And guess what? We can't. Some things we can't fix. AND, some things our children/husbands don't want fixed.

So ya. Guess it's another session working through that one.

I really am sort of laughing. Sort of. Now that I've calmed down. I just really can't believe she wrote:

"She is mom...shouldn't she be able to fix everything?"

So tonight, my #sweetfringebenefit is the belief that my daughter has. That I can at least fix everything that she might want me to fix. 

There ya go. I'm gonna sleep on that one. And really, he post was quite sweet. I love my girl. And I love that she's been so supportive of me of this blogging adventure. She's a talented photographer and I'm proud of her.

We shot some content tonight.  We did shoot the Toile blazer and white jeans, because that was your favorite. I should have the images back from @madeleinejohnsonphoto tomorrow.

One more thing...you better believe we are going to have a chat about mom's fixing things.  Be on the lookout for those question boxes! It helps me so much. I hope you have all enjoyed the discussions!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts