Unexpressed Thoughts

Did you see the quote on my story today?

"Maturity is realizing that half of what you want to say does not need to be said." 

Yes, agree. Doing it. Or to trying to every day. It goes along with a quote I heard years ago, "It's okay to have an unexpressed thought." And as surprising as it may seem, I have a lot of thoughts that are NOT expressed!

Here I am blogging most nights about...my daily thoughts! Responses to challenges I've had throughout the day. Encounters I've had. Wisdom I've heard or read. A hotflash, a back roll, my favorite white jeans. But oh, so so many thoughts I don't mention.

The other part of the quote is where it gets hard, but I think that's where the money is for happiness, for you and for those around you. But especially for acceptance and peace from within.

"Speak your truth does not mean speak your ego." 

Sometimes my tongue is bleeding from trying to prevent my ego from speaking. Its part of the rehab from Control Freak-tion. I think sometimes people are uncomfortable with my silence. My acceptance. My "keeping my opinion" to myself. I like the progress I've made. Because holding my tongue has allowed me to hear more of those around me. Just hear. I like that. That's my sweet fringe benefit. Not speaking my ego or every thought has allowed me to hear.

And turning to the trivial, last white jeans styling post for the week. Another piece from the Walmart Free Assembly collection. In store, the collection is pretty limited and can be picked over.  Check it out online. This Western Fatigue jacket is a great spring canvas weight. It's perfect for now for outside, and then inside in the AC in the coming months. I love classic black and white all summer long. It's another classic look to start with in early spring.

Hey-hang in there, okay? Thanks for being here!

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts