Right place at the right time...



Not a bad beach day today!
I went to church on Sunday.  Not that that should surprise anyone that knows me personally.  But it surprised me.

As I mentioned yesterday, I am in Florida on Spring Break with my daughter.  I'm ashamed to admit, most of the time that I travel over a Sunday, I don't make it to services.  My parents ALWAYS made it a priority to attend church services when we were on vacation.  I hated it.  It was so uncomfortable sitting in Sunday School classes with strangers.  I guess I never wanted to make my own children suffer through what I went through.

But I think this getting older thing is changing me.  As I was thinking about our trip, I thought, "I should go to church."  I looked up the location of the closest Mormon church to where I was staying, and it was only 2 miles away.  I committed then to attend the Sacrament service.  I'm so glad I did.  It was comforting being in the right place at the right time.  My friend I am traveling with came as well.  I appreciated her company and support.

I've mentioned this before, but I think getting older means getting more comfortable in your own skin.  AND it gives you the courage to do things you know you should do, but haven't.  Comfort and courage are Sweet Fringe Benefits of being 49 years old that were very tangible on Sunday.  I needed to worship and express my gratitude to God for the sweet life I had been given.  It was the right thing to do.  And I was grateful I had the courage and comfort to do it.

Sunday's Church Outfit of the Day: Liz Claiborne Navy/Green geometric print faux wrap dress (from JC Penny), Banana Republic blue/rhinestone statement necklace.  This dress is fabulous.  It sits a bit high waisted.  It's on sale at JC Penny for $39.99.  There are several great prints to choose from.  If you click on the highlighted description it'll take you to a link of the JC Penny site.  This dress rivals one at Banana Republic...and that one is an actual wrap dress, which I don't like as well, because you're always battling to keep the bottom of the dress together.

Outfit of the Day:  LOFT flourescent yellow blouse, JCrew Factory hot pink jeans, Merona grey/white seersucker blazer, rhinestone necklace (TJ MAXX).  I love this seersucker blazer.  I found it online at Target.com.  It's fully lined, and I think it'll be a go-to piece all spring/summer long.  I will end up wearing it as a neutral, as overall it looks just like a
beige /grey color from afar.

A small disclaimer:  I don't blog to preach.  I blog to express my thoughts of the day, to process sometimes difficult nasties of my age, and to find the sweet fringe benefits of being almost 50.  My faith is a priority in my life.  Whatever your priority, or desire to have as a priority, is it time to shift gears and have the courage to bring it up a few notches on the "to do" list?

And I need to make a note that today, I was pleased to observe several families on the beach today.  Family Spring Breaks are not dead as I may have given the impression in yesterday's post...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts