Some days...

This type of post pops up every now and then...just like the nasties of my age.  But I committed to writing an honest blog, and so I owe it to myself and to my readers to be real about my day.

I was looking forward to most of today.  My husband is now working from home, and I was looking forward to him being "out of the office" most of the day, and giving me some time in my house alone.  Turns out, that wasn't so great.  I have a project on my kitchen table that should've been finished today, and it's not even close.  The only thing I really accomplished was getting caught up on several TV shows that I follow...and that really isn't an accomplishment.

I mentioned I was looking forward to "most" of the day...well, I wasn't looking forward to tonight.  I had to attend a Parent Meeting for my daughter's competition cheer team tryout.  School cheer is a lot different than competition cheer.  My daughter didn't cheer competitively this past year.  It was a wonderful year without any cheer drama.  I mentioned the other day (Call of Shame) that I'm confident about A LOT...but one thing that puts me right back in to middle school is being around a crowd of cheer moms.  Is it because I feel 20 years older than them?  Or because I live a very different lifestyle than many of them?  Who knows...I just know I feel very out of place among them.  My scene is a baseball field or a football bleacher.  Not a cheer competition venue on a sunny Saturday afternoon. It's an ugly side of me that I really don't like...and I don't think it has anything to do with being 49 years old.

I'd love to blame my unproductive day on my angst about my cheer mom meeting tonight.  But nothing or no one is to blame but myself, and my lack of discipline today.  Like I've said before, I'm relying on past experience to know that these days are few and far between.  I did go for a nice long run today.  And I went to the cheer meeting, because cheer is my daughter's passion.  So I don't think today was an entire failure or surrender.  Going to have to be the Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  I find them wherever I can. 

Outfit of the Day: Loft Black skinny jeans, Loft grey blouse, mushroom pleather jacket, Emaack Designs necklaces.  Pretty simple dressing.

Til tomorrow...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts