I don't have plenty of time...

Between a relaxed summer schedule and a new job, my blogging has taken a serious hit.  I started this venture for a couple of reasons...one of them being that my days were long, at times lonely, and directionless.  With having a job, that has certainly taken care of the long days with nothing on the schedule but a bike ride and a blog post.  But that was not the only reason for me to publicly address my feelings of turning 50, and thus, I will continue to post, albeit a bit less frequently. 

I'm a bit troubled tonight.  I needed to go to Costco this afternoon...Friday afternoon at 4:00.  I figured it'd be packed with folks getting ready for the weekend.  A few people caught my attention in the parking lot...a "much older" couple walking gingerly, hand in hand, a "much older" woman with orthotic-looking sandals hobbling stiffly.  "Much older"... what does that mean?  I don't know.  Maybe 70 something?  All through Costco, there were 70 somethings.  And I think some 80 and 90 somethings!  I actually wondered if there was a special senior citizen discount being offered that day.  Or an early bird special date night sampling Costco fineries.  No one was in a hurry.  Everyone had plenty of time...except for me.  (Heavy sigh)

I guess the obvious Sweet Fringe Benefit is that I'm ONLY turning 50...not 70 or 80 or 90.  And I was in a hurry...I didn't have plenty of time!  But it does sting a bit beginning to associate myself with some of those folks...being closer to their age than  my son's age.  Ouch.  I did realize that my husband and I actually prefer sharing a "rootie tootie fresh and fruitie" (that's what my husband calls the Frozen Yogurt Berry Sundae) rather than going to the higher priced Frozen Yogurt boutiques in town.  We share the dessert and it costs us under $2.00!  You don't need to be 50 to recognize that bargain.  

I also finished my first week at my new job.  I'm sure that'll be the subject of a blog post soon...but for now, I'm glad to be there.  All of my concerns and fears have been set aside, and I really enjoyed the week.  I'm looking forward to the next couple of months as I expand my understanding and abilities.

Outfit of the Day:  Talbot's blue calico print blazer, JCrew factory navy shell, Mossimo mint green skinny jeans, Banana Republic black leather espadrilles, Ann Taylor tortoise shell necklace.  This blazer is so light and comfortable.  My office is quite chilly...which of course I LOVE!!!!!!

The countdown is on...one week til my 50th birthday!!!!!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts