And, nothing happened...

Well, I didn't die.  I haven't lost my eyesight.  I haven't turned to ashes from the hotflashes.  I can still drive, bathe, and get myself dressed.  I turned 50.  And, nothing happened.

I haven't posted to my blog since turning 50.  I've been thinking of all these different ideas for my first post being "Over 50".  That is just way too much pressure.  

So for my first post as a 50 year old, I'm going to keep it simple.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 50 years old is having a daughter and a husband happily help me clean the kitchen tonight.  It took 15 minutes.  I didn't have to yell or cajole.  I just asked.  No one had an assignment.  We just worked together until it was done.  No job charts.  No bribing.  No threats.  That sounds pretty good to me.

I have a few Outfits of the Day from last week to share...since I know there are a few of you that read the blog just to see what I'm wearing.  So I've been told. 

My birthday Outfit of the Day:  My new gauze coral scarf, Joe Fresh white v-neck t-shirt, Talbot's khacki blazer, Loft navy/white diagonal striped pencil skirt, Relativity canvas wedges.  I think I'm the last one on the planet that isn't traveling in yoga pants...but...that's just who I am.  No judgements.  No statements.  I am who I am...and...well, everyone else is who they are.


Friday's Outfit of the Day:  Boden khacki/white polka dot cardigan sweater, Talbot's yellow lace top, Loft stone colored skinny jeans, Banana Republic Statement necklace.  I bought this yellow lace top and a matching skirt last month to wear to a wedding.  I paired it together to look like a dress, and now you've seen a couple posts wearing them separately.  I love the versatility of separates.

I will give your more details about my 50th birthday weekend tomorrow.  I just needed to start the process of blogging again. Maybe at some point I'll come up with some clever "10 Things I've learned since Turning 50"... but I don't think I've learned them yet.  So for now, you will get more simple daily sfb's...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts