Mother Nature discriminates...

I had my eyebrows threaded tonight.  Hurt like heck.  But it got me thinking...

Mother Nature isn't always kind to everyone.  Actually, I think she discriminates.

Let me explain.  And don't ask me who these people are...I don't call any of them my friends.  Just people I've observed or am acquainted with.  You don't know them.

Case #1 (Costco woman):  Woman has gray hair,  but her face looks quite young and beautiful.  So, she is either young and prematurely gray, or old and blessed with no wrinkles.

Case #2 (Mid-century Barbie):  I met a woman that is 54 years old...and seriously, she looks 35.  She's not a movie star.  She hasn't had ANY plastic surgery.  She has a darling haircut, just a few crow's feet, and the cutest little 20 year old body.  She does not workout.  And she eats donuts.

 Case #3 (Fat-stretched Wrinkles):  This one hurts a little...because I think I fall in this category.  I noticed a 60 year old woman that carries extra weight hardly has ANY wrinkles.  I'm not advocating gaining weight to fill in the lines...but why can't we have both?  Why can't mother nature let us be thin and our skin not sag, or be heavy and not look frumpy and 10 years older than we actually are?

What am I trying to say?  I'm advocating for being the best you can be.  I'm coloring my hair and avoiding the gray for as long as I can.  I'm going to be kind to my wrinkle filler that is all over my body (AKA fat) and accept it.  I'm going to have perfectly shaped eyebrows and a smooth upper lip and chin.  (Yup, I went there.)  I can control those things.  But, Mother Nature discriminates.  Everyone was not given the same DNA, the same aging process, the same metabolism.  I do think aging gracefully requires a little bit of fighting back.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is the battle...because at 49, I can still wage a battle and make some ground.  I'm going to enjoy that as long as I can. 

Outfit of the Day:  Ann Taylor chambray shirt, Ann Taylor rose seersucker pencil skirt, Emaack Designs genuine stone necklace, Vince Camuto sandals. I love this skirt!


Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Loft peach casual jacket, Loft lace knit t-shirt, Denizen skinny jeans, Jcrew Factory statement necklace, Relativity canvas wedges. 

I think when I'm resurrected I'm going to look 35...but until then, I'm going to battle mother nature...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts