It will be a celebration....

I ran in to a gal that lives on the other side of the neighborhood today.  We moved in about the same time 11 years ago.   When I met her, she had a newborn baby girl that was always bundled in pink.  Her first 3 were boys,  and I instantly had an affinity to her, since my first 2 were sons, and my last was a sweet girl as well.  Our paths haven't crossed much in 11 years, as her children were about 4 years behind mine.  But she's a lovely woman, and I always enjoy talking to her. 

As we stood in Publix "catching up", I noticed a girl standing next to her that was about as tall as I was, and dressed in pink from head to toe.  I said, "Please tell me this isn't your baby."  She smiled, as a proud mother would, and said, "Can you believe it."  We talked about the changing dynamic of the neighborhood.  I knew she had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer several years back.  I asked about her health and she reported that she is cancer free now several years running.  Her oldest just finished his freshmen year in college.  When I told her what my children were up to, she just shook her head in disbelief.  I even bragged that I was having a grandbaby!  I talked about my upcoming 50th birthday, and she said, "Oh, Congratulations!  I just celebrated mine.  It was so fun!"  I just loved her response. 

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of being 49 years old is being here to celebrate my 50th birthday!  My neighbor's excitement and gratitude of turning 50 has shed new light on this stage of life.  I personally have known over 10 people that have battled cancer.  Some have lost that battle, some have survived.  What a blessing to be turning 50 in good health and with a grandbaby on the way.  My heart is full tonight. 

Outfit of the Day:  Loft white cardigan, Loft black blouse, Banana Republic Factory Store printed pants, TJ Maxx Rhinestone necklace. 

Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  JCrew grey cardigan, JCrew blue oxford sleeveless shell with collar embellishments, Loft white cropped pants. 

My birthday party planning is in full swing.  The invitations are printed.  The guest list is being finalized.  I plan on celebrating all the Sweet Fringe Benefits I've found throughout this past year...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts