Clean is just not that important...

My daughter left on Sunday for a church conference.  I have to say, after my husband and I dropped her off, I fought back feelings of panic.  Is this what it's going to be like in three years?  I tried not to think about it.  I went out for a walk with a friend.  Packed for a couple of nights away at the Lake.  Got ready for church.  I busied myself enough to not notice the quiet, the emptiness, the missing.  As the days have gone on, I've kept the experience in the moment...it's just a week.  It's just camp.  I went to bed when I wanted to.  Ran my own errands on my own time.  Had cereal for lunch.  I can't say I really enjoyed not having her around.  It's not like a needed a break from a busy 2 year old.  But...it is what it is. 

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is a 15 year old that is away for a week...only a week.  I have enjoyed going to bed early.  More so, I'm grateful that I get to put in to perspective a messy room, long showers and unanswered hollers upstairs.  Those aggravations are all worth it to have her still at home.  There's plenty of time for a perfectly clean bedroom.  When the bedrooms stay perfectly clean, it means the child is gone.  Clean is just not that important.

Today's outfit of the day:  Loft salmon blouse, Banana Republic Hampton khacki pants, Emaack Designs kyanite and crystal necklace, Tom's linen wedges, camoflauge print skinny belt.  Gosh I wish I were as thin as this picture looks.  Sorry for the deception...

Looking forward to spending some time with my girl this weekend...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts