Wish I always had a tailwind...

Just a quick post before the weekend begins!

I rode 56 miles today on my bike.  I'm trying to build my miles in preparation for my century (100 miles) ride this summer.  The first half of the ride was awesome.  Beautiful views.  Cool breeze.  A riding buddy for the first part.  I was thinking...I should ride 100 miles today because it feels so good.  

And then I hit the halfway mark and started riding west/northwest.  The headwind was brutal.  And it stayed with me for the next 28 miles.  Funny how I didn't feel the tailwind...

Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is accomplishment.  I rode a new route.  And it was hard.  Sometimes the NST (negative self talk) was louder than the PST (positive self talk).  But I kept pedaling.  I really can't imagine how I'm going to accomplish my goal of riding 100 miles...half of that kicked my tail today.  You know the analogy...many challenges in life are like that.  But we keep pedaling.  We stop for a drink, a little shot block or bar, shake our legs, and hop back on the bike.  50 is too young to throw in the towel.  And I'm happy I have a hobby that pushes me physically and mentally.

If you are experiencing more nasties of your age than sfbs, try something new.  Get active.  Allow the endorphins to work their magic.  Start walking...and walk further than you've gone before.  Or swim. Or run.  Or bike.  Just move...and you will see the difference it makes.

Outfit of the Day:  Ann Taylor white cardigan zip front sweater, Joe Fresh hot pink blouse, Mossimo mint green skinny jeans, Emaack Designs statement necklace.  My cousin had my sister make her a multi-strand necklace to remember her two infant daughters that are in heaven.  My sister is so talented.  If you have a special event or want a mother's necklace, reach out to her and she will custom design something special for you.  This necklace was my mother-of-the-groom necklace for my son's wedding last year.  All the colors of the wedding are represented.  I love it.  

Enjoy the weekend!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts