I don't need to call you back...

A friend posted this cartoon on facebook this morning.  I got a good chuckle and figured it'd be a good visual for today's sfb.


Even though crying babies never seemed to keep me off the phone, today's Sweet Fringe Benefit (sfb) is being able to look at the cartoon and LAUGH...and not CRY.  

I really do love children and want to make sure everyone understands that.  My parents are constantly talking about their "posterity" and how much joy it brings them.  I believe in "multiplying and replenishing the earth".  I believe that is why we are here on this life, to have a family, to learn the lessons of life and eternities that only those family relationships can bring:  Mother, child, sister, father, wife, brother, in-law, grandparent, uncle and yes, the step (bonus) relationships as well.  This is where true joy and happiness occur.

Years ago, when I just had one child, a very dear friend of mine was pregnant with her third.   I was OVERWHELMED thinking about having three children!  I just kept thinking that I couldn't handle three, I couldn't deal with the craziness and demands and overall I'm just a little selfish and didn't think I WANTED to deal with three.  When I asked her about it, I never forgot her response.  She said that children will not always be babies, toddlers and teenagers.  And that the majority of their lives will be in adulthood (duh, right?  I thought it was brilliant).  She looked forward to a large family returning for Sunday dinner and the holidays with a houseful.  She had the perspective at a young age that I didn't. When and how many children to bring in to your family is a personal decision between husband, wife and God.  I love my family!  I am truly blessed.

But remember, this blog is about the right here, right now.  This stage of life, appreciating the good even when there are the "nasties" aplenty.  So you young gals out there, remember, you don't have to cover your gray roots every month, you can sleep through the night if your baby is old enough, you can wear a scarf and not feel like suffocating when a hot flash hits, your skin is creamy and smooth (I've got to stop because I'm beginning to feel depressed), BUT, I can laugh at a child throwing a tantrum, and at a cartoon that used to mimic my reality, but now is passed.

I will admit, I didn't get dressed for the day until about 2:00 pm.  I had a great bike ride and finished making the Chicken Tortilla Soup.  It's date night tonight, so I went with a skirt.  Really....I had to show you a picture of the shoes.  Aren't they fabulous?  Only fabulous though if you don't have to walk far, and aren't on your feet more than 20 minutes at a time.

Bright coral pencil skirt from J Crew.  Cheetah print blouse from Loft.  Navy ponte knit blazer from JC Penney (their JCP line, very JCrewish, but without the price).  Statement necklace is from JCrew Factory on clearance earlier this summer.

Just a little discussion about a navy blazer.  Check this one out, JC Penny is repeating it again this year, I guess because it was so successful last year.  The navy blazer is so versatile, and goes with everything! I've even seen it paired with black this year.  It's a great way to tone down some of the bright colors out there.  And a nice option to a jean jacket.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  I post to the blog weekdays.  The "follow by email" widget is working on the right.  If you enter your email, the post will be emailed to you automatically each morning.

Look for the sfb in your stage of life...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts