Not feeling it...

So my hot flashes are ramping up again and I didn't sleep well last night.  And I'm seriously not feeling any sfb of 49.  I told you I was going to be honest.  Thank heavens that exercise is just not a variable in my life, it's a constant.  I enjoyed a great hour long walk with a friend this morning.  I had planned to hop on my bike and ride as well, but as the morning continues, the chances of that happening are getting less and less.  Darn it.

I have quite a bit to do today, and really need to get to it.  I'm making The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup for the dinner Saturday night that I've been working on all week.  I'm not just doubling the recipe, I'm 7x'ing the recipe (I just googled it, I think its septupleting the recipe).  (Click here if you want the recipe.)

So today, my Sweet Fringe Benefit of this stage of life is being able to say, its ok if I'm not feeling it today.  I'm not going to beat myself up.  I'm going to shop for the ingredients of my soup, get chopping, and see what I can get done.  I think this is a sfb that SHOULD be in everyone's vocabulary, as long as you don't use it every day.  But sometimes, it just is what it is.  I'm not going to dwell on it.  I've said it. And I'm going to move on.   I have enough years behind me to know that these days rear their ugly head now and then, and it'll be better tomorrow.

I love the statement necklaces that are out there now.  And I love that we don't have to "match" everything.  My sister, owner and designer of Emaack Designs, made this necklace for my "mother of the groom" outfit this spring, and I've worn it all Summer now in to Fall.  There's coral, blush, light blue, gray and cream colors.  But I've worn it with just about every color...sometimes matching, and other times not.  Just finishes a pretty plain (I know, you're thinking how can neon pink jeans be plain) outfit.  JCrew Factory polka shirt, JCrew Factory Neon Pink Jeans, Born Silver Flats.






















I saw this plaque at the store yesterday.  Thought it was pretty funny.  And actually, the more I think about it, the better I feel!  I've already done more today than what this sign says.  It's ok if I'm not feeling it today....I'm ahead of the routine on the sign. I'm going with that...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts