Ouch...this hurts...

My husband got his F-250 back from the body shop yesterday.  It's been gone for two weeks.  He was so happy to have his truck again! He missed it!

About a month ago, his truck wouldn't start.  I had to have it towed to the mechanic across town.  Simple right?  It was "towed" by winching it up on a flat bed truck.  Unfortunately, the driver loaded it backwards, and the cap on the truck bed flew off in transit, damaging the roof and losing the cap who knows where.  The towing company made it right, paid for the repair, and a "replacement" truck for him to drive. The replacement truck was, according to my husband, "a girl's truck".

I tell you the story to emphasize just how much my husband LOVES his truck.  As a matter of fact, after only having his truck a few weeks, he says to me, "You should get something...", meaning, you should get something that will make you as happy as this truck has made me.  He has wanted a truck ALL his life, and had to wait until his late 40's to get one. Primarily because of me.  And I'm so embarrassed to admit this, and reflect on it.

I've been softened by my years, letting things go, letting go of "control", and that's definitely a Sweet Fringe Benefit (sfb) for me.  (Oh man this is painful to reflect on)  It's still a process.  I know I need to let go of more.  I hope I'm learning faster.  Doug wanted a truck, not that it was a daily conversation, or evenly a monthly one. The newspaper would be open to the truck section even back when we lived in Massachusetts 16+ years ago!  I could never see the "rationale" in owning a truck.  He's a professional, at times would have long commutes burning tanks of gas, and shouldn't our second car be able to fit our entire family? It was MY rationale, not even considering HIS rationale or even his dream.  How silly I realize I was.  It just tickles me now that this truck brings him so much happiness.  I don't get it...I've never aspired to owning a certain vehicle.  But I don't need to get it.  I let go, and have enjoyed his joy, almost as much as he has.  

I really like this combination of bright t-shirt and soft rose/blush cardigan.  I enjoy the unexpected color combinations that I see in J Crew and other places.  All my pieces are from at least 2 years ago, but I think because the color combination is new, it feels updated.  Loft ruffle cardigan, Loft v-neck, The Limited 917 Darkwash Jeans, Emaack Designs Silver & Ocean Jasper Necklace.

I can just see the head nodding of my friends and family reading this post.  Thank you for being patient with me, as I try to soften even more.

I'm looking forward to my next ride in the truck...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts