The stars aligned...

I told you yesterday I was on a quest for a new bathing suit.  And I also told you I'd tell you why...

My husband and I are planning an island getaway!  We are both so excited...as you would expect. This is not a blog where you get la-la-ville and everything is perfect all the time.  Not that I need an excuse or reason to take a vacation with my husband, but I have a few:

1.  The last time we took a vacation (not a trip) together, for no other reason other than we needed to get away together, was for our 10th anniversary, 17 years ago!  If you don't understand or can't visualize how long ago that was...here's a few pictures from my life at that time:

 I had short hair, and my husband still had hair!



My oldest son, that will be a father this year, celebrated his 6th birthday with a Pirate party!
My younger son, that is a missionary in Brazil, was only 3 years old.

2.  My husband will turn 50 next month, and start a new job.  Two reasons to celebrate!

3.  It really bugs my teenage daughter that we're going on a trip without her.

4.  As I've said before, time is running out...gotta start doing things that we've talked about.

In the past, I have had many moments of regret for not taking enough vacations as a couple and as a family.  But in all honesty, I don't think there have been opportunities that we have missed.  We've been busy raising children that were active in sports and very committed schedules.  My husband is extremely loyal and dependable in his work which has, at times, made it difficult to get away.  After all these years, I'm not feeling regrets.  I'm just feeling grateful that the stars all aligned for this trip.  And that's a Sweet Fringe Benefit to last all week long!

I forgot to take a selfie of my outfit today, so no Outfit of the Day.  

Enjoy the weekend!

Nanette












Comments

  1. So fun! I'm glad you get to take this trip! Have you looked at Garnet Hill for a suit? They have some really cute ones. I love the ruched swim dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What is the best Sweet Fringe Benefit of your age?

Popular Posts