Spring Fever...

I think I have Spring Fever.  It was 65 degrees today here in Middle Tennessee.  I'm thinking that's my perfect weather.  I was able to get back on my bike and ride for a little over an hour with a couple of girlfriends.  Boy...that's going to take some training to get "back in the saddle"... literally.  Tonight, at 8:00 pm, it's still 59 degrees, and I just returned from a walk with my husband and the dog.  There's something about a change in the air that invigorates and excites.  I feel that way on the first warm spring-like day, and the first cooler, drier fall-like day.  I don't want to make this a weather report.  But really, it just made me so happy to be able to enjoy the beautiful sun and air today and tonight.


I slept pretty good last night (ok I cheated and took Tylenol PM again).  Had several great conversations with some special girlfriends.  My daughter is working on a huge school project...and other than a ride to pick up supplies...she doesn't need any help.  (Click here to read about that sfb)  I got a check in the mail.  My daughter came home from school happy and reporting a stream of great test results.  I talked to my son today.  I talked to my Mom.  I didn't come in last at Bootcamp this morning.  My husband grilled a delicious dinner that I prepped.  Wow...that's a big wow group of Sweet Fringe Benefits!  

To be honest, I was a bit crabby and discouraged about the nasties of my age this morning.  Disrupting hot flashes, a scale that is going in the opposite direction, a daughter that has been acting more 14 than ever...I'm not going to continue, but you get the picture.  So this is why I blog...to find the sfb's, and ALSO, to see the progress that can be made in just a few hours.  I had forgotten about my crabbiness until writing this...it is such a blessing in my life to see all the little Sweet Fringe Benefits that add up and just turn a day around.

Outfit of the day:  JCP grey ponte knit blazer, LOFT light blue t-shirt, A.N.A. flocked black jeans, Zebra skinny belt, Banana Republic flats, Emaack Designs Statement necklace.  Nothing difficult about this outfit...but it really shows what a beautiful necklace can do to a very simple pairing.

I do hope that you can find the sfb's as well in your own days...it just makes all the difference...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts