The Handyman...

I've been married for close to 27 years.  My husband's father was an auto mechanic.  I just assumed that my husband came with an impressive "handyman" pedigree.  Well...at the risk of "throwing my husband under the bus", that assumption was wrong. 

Let me clarify, if I need a tree planted, perfectly cut grass, or a tree cut down, he has plenty of skills.  But when it comes to electrical, plumbling or mechanical, well, he just hasn't had a great track record.  I'm not going to give details...he does occasionally read this.  But I'm wondering if age has another benefit...

Last Friday night, my kitchen faucet broke.  I was just finishing up the dishes prepping for the brunch I was hosting for 35 women the next morning.  The handle broke right off, which left me without water to my kitchen sink.  I thought I was without a faucet (and water) until Monday when I could call a plumber.

I'm not sure if I just got lucky, or if my husband's handyman talents are improving, but I had a working kitchen faucet by Sunday morning.  He purchased the new faucet, emptied the entire cabinet underneath the sink, installed the new spout, handle and sprayer, AND THEY WORK!!!  So I'm thinking that my Sweet Fringe Benefit of my HUSBAND getting older is that he's finally becoming handy!  He was pretty proud of himself...even if he did have a hive on the back of his head, and a bump on his forehead.  Well done!

Outfit of the Day:  LOFT striped boiled wool jacket, Bisou Bisou gold blouse, LOFT scarf, Loft burnt orange skinny jeans.  Back to winter dressing...cold again here.

And thank you for all the kind Congratulations and Well Wishes about my Grandmother-to-be announcement.  It's been a fun day hearing from so many of you. 

I love that he keeps trying...usually.  Guess it's a good thing he did, because this time he was successful!

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts