Complicated emotions....

I'm struggling today with my age...well, not really my age, but my parent's age.  You know, as I get a year older, so do they and everyone else around me.  And with that comes all kinds of crazy, complicated emotions.  I was crying earlier today because they left.  My house was so empty and so quiet.  Last night, as I lay in bed, I couldn't here them talking to each other anymore.  There was a comfort in having them here.  Then tonight, my emotions turn to worry and frustration as I hear about struggles with the drive west.  This is NOT a fun stage of life.

How am I going to turn this in to a Sweet Fringe Benefit?

I'm glad I'm not an only child.  I'm so grateful I'm one of seven.  My siblings and I have interacted more the past 3 months than we ever have.  We live all over the country.  We have busy lives.  But when it comes to our parents, we are all united in wanting to help keep them safe and healthy.  I'm #6 out of 7. My "role" in the family has typically been the spoiled baby girl.  I think my siblings think of me differently now after this experience.  My folks came to stay with me not because I'm 49, but because of where I live.  Not because I only have one child left at home, but because it's only 700 feet above sea level.  Growing up and being a "contributor" to the family is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  Hmf. That was rough.

Outfit of the Day:  Loft Olive Green long cardigan, LOFT floral print blouse, Emaack Designs statement necklace, Joe Fresh Ponte Knit leather trim pants, Frye Black lace-up boots.

I do love my family...all of them.  They are a blessing in my life...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts