Help!

I spent an hour and a half a friend's house this morning.  She is a very talented graphic designer. 

I am working on a project for next month, and the thought of trying to produce this project myself was quite daunting.  I have a vision, but really no way to see the vision in to reality other than my old ways of cut, paste, stamp and stick.  And then I had an idea...I bet this is something Jana could do.

I'm not trying to minimize the work that she did...she just made it look so easy.  She is creative, intuitive and thorough.  As I drove away from her house, I was excited and relieved. 

I am not afraid to ask for help.  Whether from friends right here in my community or across the country, there's usually someone I can call for either direction or actual hands on help.  And I realize that works both ways.  I have talents that others can use as well.  I've been shopping with friends for anything from dining room tables to bathing suits for spring break.  I've helped with flower beds, organizing toy rooms, and planning an engagement party.  I love having history on my side...if I had a rolodex, it'd be full.  Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit of middle age is not being ashamed to ask for help from friends with specific talents...knowing that I can give back as well.  And I've had a lot of years to collect those friends!

When the project is done, I will share the details. 

Outfit of the Day:  JCrew Factory Cream/Navy polka dot pullover blouse, Joe Fresh Blackwatch plaid cords, Banana Republic statement necklace, Dansko Clogs.  Nothing much on the agenda today once I got dressed...which wasn't until 2 this afternoon.  I enjoyed another great ride today in 65 degrees.

Getting late...heading to bed..

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts