He'll probably mention me on American Pickers...

Ok, it's 4:07 pm, and I'm still looking like this....

I know some of you are feeling pretty good about that.  I had an awesome ride today.  I met my usual riding buddies, and some new gals joined the group.  What an incredible day to ride.  Late fall, still some color in the hills, green in the fields, bright blue sky and 60 degrees.  On my way dashing back to pick up my daughter from school, I ran in to Costco to buy salmon for dinner.  I felt like I was in one of those dreams where you look down and realize you forgot to put any clothes on.  I'm just not a mini-skirt kind of gal.  I love my cycling skirt.  The skirt covers the heavily padded bottom...but not much else.  Fine on a bike...but in Costco, I think not.  It's okay.  Loved the ride, and now I have a delicious dinner for tonight.  So all the times I've passed judgement on people in workout clothes at 2:30 pm...maybe they actually just finished working out?

I MUST post these other pictures.  We rode to Puckett's Grocery in Leiper's Fork and ran in to Mike Wolf, from American Pickers.  I acted like a star-struck school girl.  Sheesh.  How embarrassing.  I was the only one to recognize him at first.  We were looking to take a group picture, and unknowingly Heidi approached Mike and asked him to take the shot.  When I looked up and saw him, I walked right over and said, "Oh I want a picture WITH you first!"  He was very nice, gave us the inside scoop on American Pickers, and was very gracious.  Good thing Keith Urban wasn't there...I would've passed out.

I needed today.  I loved being out on the road riding.  (Click here for my post about my new hobby.) Being on my bike helps me put in to perspective things I've been stumbling over.  And today was no exception.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit how excited I was to meet Mike Wolf.  We actually saw him in Leiper's Fork last Christmas when my father in law was visiting, but didn't get to meet him.  I'm so excited to show him this picture next week at Thanksgiving!  Why do I think that just because I'm 49 years old, I should be a little more sensible about seeing a celebrity?  I am actually thinking that the excitement I felt is my Sweet Fringe Benefit today.  Maybe we are never too old to act like star-struck school girls.  

Yesterday's Outfit of the Day:  Banana Republic Factory Outlet Grey Tweed Dress, Loft boiled wool jacket, grey tights, black shooties, Emaack Designs Petrified Wood Multi-strand necklace.  I LOVE this little jacket from Loft from last year.  It has a retro feel to it.  The 3/4-sleeves make it wearable and comfortable with almost everything.  I realized the versatility of it when I bought it...so glad it turned out to be as great as I had hoped.  Sorry for the washed out picture quality on this one.  
I also thought I'd post my progress on my holiday decorating.  If you don't like that...then you're done reading for today!!!  Otherwise, keep on.  I have the tree in the front room almost finished.  I've decided to go with the burlap craze theme this year on this tree.  I also finished the garland on the stairs...again, burlap ribbon.  I'm excited about the burlap star ornaments I made yesterday.  They are just two burlap stars with a heavy piece of drapery lining in between. I stitched all around the edges, catching a loop of string to hang them from.  Its funny, even with the popularity of burlap this year, I haven't seen many ornaments made out of it.  So I made my own.



Remember to look for your own Sweet Fringe Benefits everyday...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts