Happiness Actions

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." post by @agemegracefullyhh

I read this quote this morning and I've been pondering it all day.  I've heard you choose happiness. But happiness as a result of your own actions is just enough of a shift in wording to rethink, "what actions of mine create happiness."

Someone could create a whole blog or Instagram account dedicated to actions that result in happiness.  Oh wait, I guess that's sort of what I'm doing?  Finding Sweet Fringe Benefits in sometimes ordinary activities, whether my own actions or actions that have been acted upon me, that bring me happiness. Make me happy. Help me choose happy. Whatever the wording, I'm in!

Life can be heavy. I'm there sometimes. But here are some of my actions that I CHOOSE in order to feel happy.  I ride a bike.  I run.  I get outside no matter the weather.  I FaceTime my grandchildren. I connect with a friend-my husband, my children. Connecting is more than being in the same room. Or a conversation that reads like a travel log. Connection is intimacy-not just physical, but emotional as well. I create-these days that's writing blog posts, making a meal, getting dressed, (I know that sounds weird but #mytruth) redecorating a corner. I make my bed. I carry someone else's heavy-bringing a meal to a friend, being a listening ear, giving a ride to someone. I pray-I've noticed a difference in my day when I invite God to be with me throughout the day.  Simple invitation.  Big payoff. I meditate with the help of a therapist that helps me correct beliefs that I learned as a young child that are not true and not serving me. I hear-not just listen, not listen to comment, not listen to understand, not listen to judge-I hear just for the person to be heard. Because when I listen for the other reasons, it doesn't bring me happiness. I write-gratitude journal, what I like about me, goals for the day, thoughts that don't serve me, thoughts that do. I slow down-my words, my thoughts, my movement.

Listen, I don't have the secret to happiness.  I'm just sharing some thoughts, and part of my own journey.  I would say mostly I've been a happy person.  But when I haven't been, it's because of my own actions, and my own responses to other's actions. Today's sweet fringe benefit is happiness.  I can see that there is happiness in the heaviness of life. Why don't you sit down and write what ACTIONS create happiness in you. And please, come back and share in comments what you've learned!

Outfit of the Day: Walmart Free Assembly wide leg jeans.  Nice stretch, very comfy.  I would size up if you want them to hang on your hips like the model on the site.  I did not.  Free Assembly White Blouse.  I've been really pleased with this new brand.  I've now washed both the jeans and the blouse and they've held up great.  Blouse did need to be ironed.  I love the simplicity of a good white blouse and jeans.  I added a straw belt, but it didn't really need it.  You know you click on the hyperlink (the word that has changed color) and it'll bring you to the website that sells the item I linked, right?  Thought maybe that needed explanation for some of us.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading. Thanks for your support. 

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts