Wear it right







Thanks for all the love on my Instagram fashion reels!  I am having so much fun making them.  The funny thing is they come together quite organically.  I pick one clothing item to wear multiple ways. It's not planned out, and the ensembles come together in about 15 minutes.  Clothes thrown about the closet as I scurry from one outfit to the next.  Just like I'm trying to decide what I like best and run out the door to church!

The little cheetah print skirt featured in this week's reel has been so fun.  I bought it last fall before heading to Florida for the month.  I saw it on the Banana Republic website and ordered it right away, along with the black t-shirt and black track shoes on the model.  I ordered a size 12.  Given that the skirt was full, I was certain it would fit. Well, it arrived a few days later and yikes, it was tight in the waist, didn't lay right and made it shorter than it should have been.  I was so disappointed.

I decided the day before leaving for Florida, I'd run to the local mall to return it.  My fashion heart was sad. I had envisioned wearing this in family pictures with black suede sandals, and out to dinner in Seaside with my new track/tennis shoes.  The store had a 14.  Ugh.  I don't won't to wear a size 14.  I decided to exchange the 12 for a 14. And I'm so glad I did.  The waist is loose.  The skirt skims my hips and sits a bit longer just above my knee. 

Don't let a size on a garment deter you from getting the right fit. I have clothes in my closet from size 8-14.  Granted, some don't fit because of some weight gain this year.  But, I can wear size 10.  And then this skirt is a size 14.  When you watch my reels on Instagram, do I look unhappy because the skirt is a size 14?  No.  Sometimes sizing up doesn't work and the fit isn't right.  But sometimes it does.  Wear it right.  Don't make the size mean anything more than a sorting indicator at the store.  That's my sfb today. 

And for a reward to those who are still reading?  Here's the link to the skirt.  And it's on clearance! 50% off the sale price makes it about $33.

Have a great day!

Nanette


Comments

Popular Posts