Linen, Seersucker, Wool and Boots

Ugh. I just turned the AC on.


I'm not complaining.  Well, I guess I am.  The back and forth from heat to AC, fleece to light flowy t-shirts. It's just not easy on the body-heat regulating.

It is hard figuring out what to wear these days. Tomorrow we'll have tornado warnings and humid weather. I'm going to leave the AC on.  My husband will walk around in fleece.  I'll have on some lightweight dress.   I actually love wearing jeans and lightweight sweaters in the spring. Sort of a last hurrah before the warm weather clothes become necessary.

I am a "clothing" traditionalist.  I don't think there's many of us left. Wool and boots in the fall and winter, linen and seersucker in the spring and summer.  I do wear white jeans long before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. But really, it doesn't matter.  I need to remember to just dress to be comfortable.  No matter the date. Can you imagine being constrained by clothing protocols?  Guess that's a sweet fringe benefit of today.  Even though I won't wear a seersucker dress in February, I can wear a cotton t-shirt dress in March on a day of tropical thunderstorms.

And, isn't doing dishes when it's hot in the house miserable?  Thus, the smirk on my face.  Oh, and when I saw hot, the temperature was 73.  I turned the AC to 70.

Stay safe. Stay cool. Or warm. It changes by the hour.

Nanette



Comments

Popular Posts