A little tongue in cheek...

It feels a little like Groundhog's Day.  I thought Halloween was yesterday?  Yet everywhere I went today, people were scurrying around buying candy, costumes, and party food.  I guess everyone is celebrating tonight, since our tornado-watch-severe-thunderstorm-warning night last night put a literal damper on all the plans.  We are bringing the fire pit out front and will hand out candy from the driveway.  This has been Doug and I's tradition the last couple of years.  Time moves on, traditions change as children grow older.  I'm okay with that today.

About 7-8 years ago, I found peppermint whipped cream.  I used it all winter long to make blah plain hot chocolate in to delicious, Starbucks-worthy yumminess.  For years I searched high and low for the peppermint whipped cream.  I googled it.  I retraced my shopping steps.  I had given up.  I don't even think I looked last year.  And then....today....at Target...I found it!!!!  And because I've already bought my winter supply, I will share with you.  (It has an expiration date of May 4, 2014)


Today's Sweet Fringe Benefit is indeed, Peppermint Whipped Cream (I know, it says whipped dairy topping).  As you might have guessed from my blog posts, I'm a darn good shopper.  I've practiced for many years and I really should be a professional by now.  I have hawk-eyes when it comes to a bargain, a must-have, and a too-good-to-leave-it-there.  Yup...it's good to be a seasoned (that's a politically correct way of saying older) shopper.

When I got dressed this morning, I initially grabbed for this sweater and cami, and a pair of deep magenta pants.  Oh no!!!!!  I was that lady from Loft yesterday. (Click here to read yesterday's post)  Too much matchiness!!!!  I pulled out my Loft burnt orange skinny cordoroys from last year.  Much better (in my opinion, and it's my blog, so...)  The camel/pink striped v-neck is from J Crew Factory last year.  Lace Camisole underneath fron Aerie, last year as well.  Statement necklace from Emaack Designs.  Tom's suede wedges.  I think neck time I wear this sweater I'm going to put a blouse underneath it.  I like that look as well.  It was a little on the warm side today for too many layers...and I'm NOT turning my air conditioning back on.

Just a footnote on the LOFT Cords.  They are $59.50 regular price....NEVER pay that price.  They pretty regularly having promotions where they'll be 40-50% off.  They're very reasonable when they do.  Sign up for their Loft Insider emails to get the notices.

Have a great weekend everyone!  Weather is supposed to be beautiful over most of the country.  Find your Sweet Fringe Benefit everyday...I still will, even though I don't blog over the weekend.

Need to go prep for the trick-or-treaters...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts