To everything there is a season...

North Gwinnett Bulldogs 2002
I just finished putting away my fall decorations.  I know what you're thinking..."We haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet!"  I have my reasons.  Alot of my "fall" decorations are for Halloween...that was 2 weeks ago now. My beautiful front steps with my white pumpkins and bazillion mums started going downhill fast after our first hard frost a week ago.  Since I'm not having company for Thanksgiving, I'm shifting in to the Christmas decorating mode.  I did love my white pumpkins.  And my finger candles are a favorite.  But what I really hate to put away are my fall pictures.
Fall Weekend on Nantucket 1996









And I can't leave them out, because I need to make room for my Christmas pictures that I've framed over the years.  It's all good.  Seems like next year comes around faster and faster every year...I'll look at these sweet faces again soon enough.
A visit to Concord Bridge with Grandma and Grampa


Being 49 is sort of like the weather in Tennessee.  If you don't like it, wait 20 minutes because it'll change.  I've loved the cold snap this week.  I donned my full length tights, gloves and head band for my run/walk this morning.  But by Saturday afternoon, I'll be back on my bike in weather that's high 60's.  It's the same with time and my age.  When I don't like certain stages, nasties or seasons, wait a day or two, and it'll change.  Sometimes it's my attitude, sometimes its the actual physical ache or pain that subsides, and sometimes it is the pictures that go away in my decor just to be replaced by ones that are just as cute and memory-prompting.  I am living the best I can.  Trying to be happy with today, trying to see the good.  Change and seasons are a constant in my life, and being old enough to see that is my Sweet Fringe Benefit for today.  


Outfit of the Day:  JCP camel cardigan, Banana Republic camel/white chevron shell (last year), Banana Republic Black/Red Camden Fit Pants, Stuart Weitzman Kitten Heel Pumps (last year), Grey Scarf (Christmas Gift last year...Thanks Wendy!)  Camel is another great neutral like the gray I mentioned the other day (click here for that post). Having some great classic pieces like sweaters or blazers in these colors will simplify getting dressed.  They go with everything!  You can pair them with another neutral, or go with a bolder color like I did today.  Easy peasy.

If you are enjoying my blog, you can enter your email address in the right margin to "follow" it.  Each morning, about 5:00 am central time, my daily blog post will magically appear in your inbox.  I've tested it on another email address, and haven't noticed any extra spam emails.  Or, it's now appearing on a google search if you ever lose track of me.  

Gotta get my girl from cheer practice...

Nanette

Comments

Popular Posts