Calls 'em as she sees 'em...

The Homemaking Fairies came last night.  If you read yesterday's post, that will make more sense. This morning I realized my Santa's have been a part of my Christmas decor for 27 years, and many people have given me the Santa's and the Snowmen.  I liked them this morning and couldn't wait to get them up on the shelves.
As much as I love clean and crisp lines in decorating, I know that isn't my style.  I've redecorated my kitchen since last Christmas to softer more muted colors.  I realized this afternoon how much I enjoy the pops of red throughout my kitchen with the edition of all the Christmas "stuff". Remember...More is Better (blog post from September.)  I'm so glad I put my Santas and Snowmen out!



I think the fairies whispered in my ears kind words of encouragement as to how to solve my Christmas Tree light issue as well.  This morning I took out an extension cord and two light sets. Within 20 minutes, that dark stripe in the center of my tree was gone.  Fairies and a good night's sleep...worked its magic. On to today's sfb...







I've been pondering on three words for the past couple of days. A friend stopped by Monday to visit me.  It was an official visit as part of the "Visiting Teaching" program in my church. She is assigned to visit and reach out to me at least once a month to ensure my spiritual, emotional and physical well-being.  This gal is special...she has a VERY sensitive spirit. Honestly, I've never known anyone like her.  When she came Monday, she said that she prayed to know what I needed to hear.  Three words/phrases came to her mind....PEACE, PATIENCE and "GOD LOVES YOU".

My life is pretty sweet.  I recognize that.  But without sounding ungrateful, I have my challenges, as does everyone.  We all face adversity in this life...all in varying degrees.  But we are not left here without help through these challenges.  These three inspired words have been a gift the past couple of days...A Sweet Fringe Benefit in my life.  I don't think it has anything to do with being 49.  No matter your age, be willing to open your heart to messages from inspired friends.  Whether being inspired by a higher power, or just clearer vision than the fog you are in, a true friend "calls 'em as she sees 'em."

Outfit of the Day:  The Limited boucle blazer, J Crew factory pink/white gingham blouse, Loft black skinny jeans, bright blue belt for a pop of color, Stuart Wietzman kitten heels, Emaack Designs Statement necklace.  I had a comment from a follower wanting a step-by-step shopping tutuorial.  I'm not sure how to do that through the blog...but I will say, it's a lot easier to shop your closet than the stores.  What I mean is, don't just buy something when you have an event.  Look for pieces that can be worn multiple ways...blazers can go with jeans, a skirt, or dress pants.  My blouse can work in the summer with sleeves rolled up, or now with a blazer or sweater over it.  I shop sales; I get emails from some of my favorite stores.  Loft, The Limited and Banana Republic regularly will have at least a 40% coupon or promotion. JCPenny is very promotional, typically end of the week and weekends have better sales than mid week there.  Just a hint of my shopping philosphy.


Feel free to use my three words as your own Sweet Fringe Benefit for the next couple of days...

Nanette




Comments

Popular Posts